Experienced Criminal Defense and Injury Lawyers in Marietta, Georgia
Trusted advocates with nearly 30 years of experience
Since 1990, the Nicholson Law Firm has represented clients facing a wide range of personal injury issues and criminal charges in Marietta, Canton and the surrounding communities. Our firm provides the support you need, delivered by reliable and effective legal professionals. We are completely dedicated to providing the very best service to each client, maintaining high standards of conduct, ethics and diligence in everything we do. To work with a respected law firm in the Atlanta metro area, meet with one of our injury or criminal lawyers today.
Achieving results for injury victims
If you’ve been injured as the result of another party’s reckless actions or negligence, you may be able to pursue a personal injury claim. To succeed, you must prove fault and demonstrate that your injuries were the direct result of an individual’s or organization’s negligence. Our legal team helps with the following issues related to personal injury:
- Auto accidents. Car, truck and motorcycle accidents may be the result of distracted driving, drunk driving, speeding or tire blowouts. You may need to seek compensation from negligent drivers, equipment manufacturers or the agencies in charge of road and highway upkeep after a car accident.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents. In many cases, pedestrian and bike accidents occur because motorists fail to pay attention to the road, especially at intersections. These crashes usually cause serious injuries due to the lack of protection pedestrians and bicyclists have compared to operators of motor vehicles.
- Dog bites. Animal owners have a responsibility to keep others reasonably safe from dog bites. Small children are the most likely to suffer from these types of injuries, which may cause permanent scars and disfigurement.
- Construction and workplace accidents. Employers must maintain safe environments for their workers. While construction is one of the more dangerous occupations, dangerous accidents can happen in almost any industry. We help with both workers’ compensation and third-party injury claims related to workplace accidents.
- Products liability. Companies sometimes offer dangerously designed or manufactured products to the public, putting anyone who uses them at risk. It’s important for manufacturers to include warning labels on dangerous products, or to issue a recall if a defect is found after a dangerous product goes to market.
- Premises liability. Property owners need to ensure their premises are safe for customers and guests. The most common types of premises liability claims are related to slip, trip or fall accidents.
- Medical malpractice. When doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals do not provide adequate care to patients, serious injuries and illnesses may result. Common issues include misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis, surgical errors, prescription mistakes and nursing home neglect.
- Wrongful death. The most serious accidents may result in the death of a loved one. We help families seek compensation for medical bills, loss of financial support, funeral costs, and emotional pain and suffering from those responsible.
Spirited criminal defense counsel
At the Nicholson Law Firm, our knowledgeable criminal defense attorneys assist with a wide range of charges. We take an aggressive approach to these matters, giving you options and answering all of your questions swiftly. The following are some of the criminal defense issues we can help you address:
- DUI and DWI. If you’ve been arrested for driving under the influence or driving while intoxicated in Georgia, you may face huge fines, driver license suspension and even jail time. A skilled drunk driving defense lawyer examines the tactics of law enforcement and pursues reduced or dropped charges.
- Drug crimes. Our lawyers can help if you’re accused of drug possession, distribution, manufacturing or trafficking. Even possessing a small amount of marijuana may result in serious penalties, so it’s critical to secure strong legal representation right away.
- Traffic violations. Some traffic citations — including reckless driving, speeding and leaving the scene of an accident — may cause you to lose your license and face significant fines. In these situations, an experienced lawyer helps fight these violations so you can hopefully retain your driving privileges.
Speak with a skilled Marietta lawyer today
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury or is facing criminal charges, don’t hesitate to reach out to the knowledgeable Marietta lawyers at the Nicholson Law Firm. We serve clients throughout north Georgia, including Canton and Smyrna. For a free initial consultation, call us at 770.450.1891 or contact us online.